5:30pm - Griz Parade
Time & Location
About The Event
For Parade Entrants:
Remember to make it fun for you AND the Spectators
Decorate! Dress up! Have fun!
• All groups/organizations/businesses participating in the parade must forward an application to the Griz Days Committee no later than February 28, 2019.
- Please decorate your vehicle or float and feel free to dress up - It’s a Parade!
- Parade entrants must be lined up by 4:30 p.m. to be eligible for judging.
- Participants must line up behind the 901 Fernie on 3rd Ave and 10th Street (we use 10th street and 3rd ave for line-up)
- There will be no throwing candy from floats. Doing so will cost you your $25 deposit.
- Alcoholic beverages are strictly prohibited.
- Parade coordinator reserves the right to reject any impaired individuals.
- For safety reasons, no candy or other objects to be thrown from any moving vehicle.
- If you would like to give away candy or promotional items, it must be done so person-to-person by a walking participant along the parade route.
- The use of fire, gas or propane devices is not permitted.
- All parade vehicle drivers must have a valid driver’s license.
- It is the responsibility of the float sponsor to provide adequate safety measures to secure the individuals riding on their float.
- Adults must supervise children on parade floats.
- Participants must not get on or off moving floats or vehicles.
- Vehicles must not stop in the middle of the parade route, or in any way hinder the forward procession of the parade.
- Participants are responsible for the observation of safety standards.
VIOLATIONS OF ANY OF THE ABOVE GUIDELINES WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE REMOVAL FROM THE PARADE.
The Top 3 floats will be awarded a prize!
Creativity/originality, adherence to the theme – Griz Days Gone Denim, and overall effect.
1st Place: $300
2nd Place: $150
3rd Place: $50
- Parade Registration Deposit$25$250$0