7:00pm - Griz Days Snow to Ice Challenge
Time & Location
About The Event
Griz Days Snow to Ice(Cream) Challenge
Fernie Nordic Society and the Fernie Trail Alliance
Building on the success of 2018, the Fernie Nordic
Society is hosting the Snow to Ice (cream) Challenge. Complete four trail challenges within 72 hours to
cash in on free Happy Cow ice cream and a glass of the best Fernie Brewing
Starting with the kick-off event, The Griz NO Moon Ski and Social, at 7 pm
on Thursday, Feb 28 at the Fernie Nordic Centre, prove you’ve completed all
four legs of the challenge by taking a time-stamped selfie at each of the
four “Snow to Ice” signs!
Visit the Fernie Hotel & Pub between 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. on Sunday March 3rd where
showing your photo evidence will win you an ice cream treat and a glass of
FBC beer(+19). More prizes are up for grabs by sharing on Facebook, using
the social media hashtags #loveFernie #grizdays #fernienordic
Also there are more chances for prizes for: multi-sport (while following the
trail rules) and wearing your best denim!
The Fernie Nordic Society trails will be free for non-members between 7 p.m.
Thursday February 28th to Sunday March 3rd at 7 p.m.
Trails (in any order):
1. Elk Valley Nordic Centre – sign is located at intersection of the
Galloway loop and Grunt/Runt connector. This is a cross-country skiing only
trail (no dogs).
2. Montane – sign is located at the Montane Hut. Snow bike, cross-country
ski, run, or snowshoe (dogs allowed)
3. Fernie Golf and Country Club – sign is located at the concession stand. This is a cross-country skiing only
trail (no dogs)
4. Mount Fernie – sign is located at the intersection of Phat Bastard and Red Sonya. Bike, run, snowshoe, or
cross-country ski for the more adventurous (dogs allowed)
1. If you aren’t a Fernie Nordic Society member, you will need to sign in
before you ski for free. There will be volunteers on hand to help between 10
a.m. and 4 p.m. at the Elk Valley Nordic Centre (DELETE and the Fernie Golf and
Country Club on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. You can also sign in at the
Griz edition NO Moon Ski & Social on Thursday February 28th and get your first
2. Obey all trail rules and closures.
3. Photos must include the “Snow to Ice” sign and each participant with a
The Fernie Nordic Society assumes no liability for individuals participating
in the Snow to Ice event. Participate at your own risk, always check the
trail conditions, and be prepared. We recommend you do this with a friend,
but if you’re going solo, always let a friend know where you’re going and
when you’re expected to be back.
Join the event on Facebook (visit fb.com/fernienordic) to stay up to date
with prizes, sponsors and more!